The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_size - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php 362 eval
/inc/class_plugins.php 139 sharethispage_run
/global.php 474 pluginSystem->run_hooks
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_related - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_count - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_hashtags - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $menu_rankings - Line: 30 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 57 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 57 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community
A LITTLE THOUGHT ON +6 OR +7 WHEN DESIGNING ASSIGNMENT - Printable Version

+- The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community (http://www.justiso.net)
+-- Forum: The Clash of Clans Neighborhood - Clan Forums (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: JUSTiSO (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: A LITTLE THOUGHT ON +6 OR +7 WHEN DESIGNING ASSIGNMENT (/showthread.php?tid=634)

A LITTLE THOUGHT ON +6 OR +7 WHEN DESIGNING ASSIGNMENT - moonever - 01-30-2015

Hi All Leaders and Dear Clashers,

A thought came to my mind when I was working on auditing lol. I figured that we can pick some Middle Level constant players, like seven or nine of us, as test samples to vote if we should go by +6 or +7 before leaders do the assignment. this method may not completely solve the chaos due to miscalculating but may reduce the probability of biased estimation.

I emphasis it should be middle level because mid-lv players have a better estimation based on current considerable experience yet not that strong to ignore all the risks. top lv players are well experienced but sometimes may result in over confidence. Sooo.....

First time talking and just a little thought maybe even its a stupid idea lol. what do you think? hohoho~~~

anyway WE WILL KEEP WINNING!!!

RE: A LITTLE THOUGHT ON +6 OR +7 WHEN DESIGNING ASSIGNMENT - _SilentScreams_ - 01-30-2015

Hey moon Big Grin 

I like the idea of have this in work. But again with the size of the clan currently we have about 10 members who are interested in helping around plus minus the days that people cannot do this..

Really i'd say this would work and be more effective. But again the way to find people to do this will be hard. Some people may not be on one day while other times they will. 

PLus again we will have to change these people every so often as people will grow in level. 

RE: A LITTLE THOUGHT ON +6 OR +7 WHEN DESIGNING ASSIGNMENT - Zooks - 01-31-2015

Thanks for the input, its a great idea Wink moon!   We used to do something similar to what you are suggesting -- it was called "PiCKS".   Everyone was asked to review the war map and then report via forum post what bases they felt they could 3-star.  This gave the war coordinators very specific information on how best to match up players with bases.

We would create the initial assignment list using an offset as we do now and then scan through the PiCKS to make the appropriate adjustments.  If the offset didn't agree or there was a better matchup we would shuffle things around.

This process worked great for a while but eventually fell out of favor for a number of reasons.
It was hard to get everyone to post their PiCKs in a timely manner so it was hard to get the list done as it would need constant updating as new PiCKs were submitted.  As players became more comfortable with the process and the offset assignments, they posted their PiCKS less and less.  Eventually we'd only get a couple PiCKs each war and that wasn't enuff to make the necessary changes to accommodate them.  Ultimately, it proved more efficient for both players AND coordinators to just do away with PiCKs all together.

Your idea to put the offset to a vote each war would without a doubt result in more effective matchups  However, I agree with silent in that it will be tricky to coordinate and a challenge to keep new players informed on he process.  The cost will ultimately have only a small benefit.  I believe instating a player vote on the offset would ultimately have a demise similar to the PiCKs process.  I am of course open to more discussion on it and if enough people are on board with giving it a shot, we could consider a trial.

Please weigh in folks!! -- all comments are welcome. 
Thanks again moon for the super contribution!

Smile  Kudos! 

RE: A LITTLE THOUGHT ON +6 OR +7 WHEN DESIGNING ASSIGNMENT - moonever - 01-31-2015

LOL I agree. Its all people that matters. Timezone or other factors will cause the time delay... and yes we may not cover the cost of it haha.

I will keep thinking

Whooo yaa Smile