The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_size - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php 362 eval
/inc/class_plugins.php 139 sharethispage_run
/global.php 474 pluginSystem->run_hooks
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_related - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_count - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_hashtags - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $menu_rankings - Line: 30 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 57 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 57 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community
War donation ideas - Printable Version

+- The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community (http://www.justiso.net)
+-- Forum: The Clash of Clans Neighborhood - Clan Forums (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: JUSTiSO (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: War donation ideas (/showthread.php?tid=702)

War donation ideas - Cooper - 04-18-2015

Although I would never wish to over-complicate things or make things any harder than they already are, I would suggest that for donations we base it off of not only troop capacity but spot on war map as well.To express my idea, I have laid out a sample donation sheet. Please view and provide feedback as to hat you think about these ideas? Also -1 and -2 would mean that there would be two different war combinations in that set, as there are different troop capacities in the set. Overall, if every war was the same as today's map, we would make 6 different troop combinations, along with 2 sub-combinations.

RE: War donation ideas - Zooks - 04-18-2015

This looks great cooper!  First off, as long as im here fussing with things, you'll never be accused of overcomplicating things Wink.  I think hold that title hands down Wink.  Anyhow, as is true with most atempts to improve a system, things often NEED to get, or be considered at least, in a more complicated way before they CAN get easier.  Kind of the natural order of trial and error if you will.  Often times we can AUTOMATE the complicated part so it disappears all together.

One of the things you've touched on is actually something that we've been talking about behind the scenes a bit -- creating alternative war castle compositions.   Different comps could prove more or less effective based on layout, war-rank and donor availability.  This is essentially what you have suggested with the "-1, and -2" designators.  I encourage you to take this a step further and research what combos are known to be "tried and true" (either by us or the coc community as a whole), and how they can be applied.  Are they based on a particular layout, or defend good against a known attack method etc?  And if cute names don't already exist, consider naming the compositions similar to the way offensive comp naming has evolved -- GoWipe, Barch, Bloominion, etc. 

As you may be aware, mike has been tinkering on a fairly sophisticated Donation Utility that allows leaders to explore different combo possibilities on the basis of both castle size and  troop availability. There's more to it than that, but regarding the composition element, the next step is to consider predetermined compositions that could be selected and applied via quick list.  So your suggestion appears to be right inline with this idea.

As a team striving to be more efficient and effective in our war process, the subject of donations has a few different aspects to consider.

1. Choosing the best Troop Compositions that may or may not be based on some set of criteria
  2. Determining which players have the capability and/or are best suited to contribute to these compositions
  3. And finally, as is evolving recently in the form of the donations thread, the best practices in managing the shared responsibility of castle fills.
I uge anyone interested in helping out on the matter to consider the above challenges.

That's all for now.  Keep up the great work coop Wink

-Z

RE: War donation ideas - mikeh - 05-08-2015

Hey coop,

Sorry im very late too this, but yeh great idea. Did you have a look at different compositions? I haven't looked yet myself just wandered if you had.

Once we have some solid ones we can start grouping them and giving them names etc...

Also once we have troop sets we can also have fixed donators, so for example Troop set 1 - Theironwall, consists of Zooks cooking 9 valk, Mike 15 Wiz, Coop 40 arch etc....

Then Prep would be really straight forward, The only thing that changes is how many of each castle size there is BUT we can have a calc for each troop set and just enter castle numbers.

Thanks Coop

Anyone one else with ideas on troops, systems or anything at all????

RE: War donation ideas - Zooks - 05-09-2015

Yes, coop actually made a bunch of good ones Mike...  he made a rather extensive post on it to I believe.   It might have ended up in the general section - thought I moved it in here tho..  Let me see..

RE: War donation ideas - mikeh - 05-09-2015

Cool, Bring it over here, I must of missed it